As a response to the long-time need for greater public and business recycling along Grand Ave., the Grand Avenue Business Association, the Summit Hill Association, and the Macalester Groveland Community Council first met in late 2009 to form a collaborative group For Recycling on Grand (F.R.O.G.). This group also now includes representatives from Ramsey County and the City of Saint Paul. F.R.O.G. was formed out of passion and motivation to increase recycling, reduce waste and educate business owners, residents, and visitors of Grand Avenue about these new opportunities.
F.R.O.G. Committee Members
- Lauren Anderson, Recycling & Environmental Coordinator – MacGroveland Community Council
- Jenna Bowman, Grand Avenue Business Association
- Jean Buckley, Health Educator – Ramsey County
- Kris Hageman, Environmental Coordinator – City of St. Paul
- Lisa Marshall, Environmental Health – Ramsey County
- Steve Matysik, Resident of MacGroveland & MGCC Liaison to GABA Board
- Jeff Roy, Executive Director - Summit Hill Association
- Chad Skally, Live Green Apartments
- Val Stoker, Resident of Summit Hill
In October of 2011 there were 10 recycling containers placed on Grand Avenue. These containers were provided by Ramsey Country. The installation was meant to increase recycling and reduce waste along Grand Avenue. Three additional containers were placed on Grand Avenue for a total of 13. Over the past year the containers have seen little contamination and a recognizable amount of use. The containers each have the F.R.O.G. logo on them.
In August of 2012 the Grand Avenue Business Association was award a $12,000 CommunityPOWER grant to be used for recycling and waste reduction efforts. The grant is funded by the Solid Waste Management Coordinating Board. The Grand Avenue Business Association is focused on providing businesses information and resources to help increase recycling and reduce waste. In addition, the grant will also focus on increasing the recycling efforts at Grand Old Day.
If you have questions about F.R.O.G., please contact Jenna Bowman by calling 651-251-0102 or e-mail email@example.com.